Homeowners insurance provides coverage in the event of damage to your property, as well as liability for injuries and damage you cause to other people.
Homeowners insurance policies provide broad coverage for losses to your home, your personal belongings and also for detached structures on your property. It also provides protection in the event of an injury to people on your property. While homeowners insurance is comprehensive coverage there are some things it does not cover. That is why we take the time to get to know our clients, to understand their needs and then we can craft a comprehensive risk management program for them. The foundation for most people is a comprehensive homeowners policy.
Homeowners insurance highlights:
- Your home – should be insured for an amount based on the replacement cost value of your property. Replacement cost is what it would cost today to rebuild your house in the event of a loss and based on current building codes. There usually is a deductible, which is an amount you would be responsible for before the policy starts to pay out.
- Personal property – policies automatically provide a separate amount to cover your personal belongings, however there is a deductible. We suggest that our clients create a home inventory. In the event of a claim it will make it much easier to document your loss and make the claims process much easier.
- Personal Liability – if you are legally responsible for an injury to a guest or for damage you cause to another person’s property, the personal liability section of your policy can provide important protection.
- Other structures – basic coverage is included for any detached structures on your property. Examples include sheds, garages or fences. There are specific limits on the amount of coverage available for these types of structures depending on the amount of coverage for the home itself.
- Loss of use of home – if your home were to become uninhabitable, your policy can provide valuable benefits to help you with additional living expenses.
Contact us and one of our specialists will be happy to assist you. We take the time to understand your unique situation in order to provide you with an insurance program that meets your specific needs.
- Home Matters – Swimming Pool Liability Precautions
- Home Matters – Summer Swimming Pool Safety
- Home Matters – Trampoline Liabilities
- Chimney Maintenance
- Flood Insurance
- Earthquake Insurance
- Condominium Insurance
- Renting Your Home
- Home Invasion Insurance
- Home Equity Protection
- Keep Your Pipes From Freezing
- Home Protection Tips
- Insuring Your Personal Property
- Insuring Dangerous Dog Breeds
- Sewer Backup Prevention
- Rebuilding After A Disaster
- Are You Prepared – Cyber Attacks
- Dealing With A Homeowners Insurance Claim
- Preparing For a Hurricane
- Market Value vs. Reconstruction Value
- Choosing A Security System
- Cash-Value Homeowners Insurance
- Eliminate Radon Damages
- Home Inventory Checklist