Long-Term Care Insurance can help protect you, as well as those you love, in the event that extended health care is needed.
Long-Term Care Insurance can provide funds to help cover:
- Daily activities such as bathing, eating, dressing
- Skilled nursing care or rehabilitation training either in a nursing facility or at home
- Cognitive impairment such as Alzheimer’s
The misconception about long-term care expenses
- Many people are under the impression that Medicare, Medicaid, or their health insurance will pay their Long Term Care costs. Medicare has eligibility requirements for skilled nursing care and is only for a limited time period.
- Medicaid is a welfare program. It will not cover long term health care costs for the average recipient.
- Health insurance and medical supplements do not cover nursing home care.
- Individuals and families through their savings, assets, and cash pay most Long-Term Care costs.
We want to make the Long-Term Care Insurance evaluation process simple. Our agents are poised to help you understand the different options and provide you choices from a number of different companies we represent.